Coordinated Care Network is a Masshealth Behavioral Health Community Partner Program (BH CP). CCN coordinates with enrollees’ health care providers to facilitate engagement and works with health plans to coordinate services.
As a consortium of committed providers dedicated to connecting individuals to local services and resources to support wellness, independence, and recovery our mission is to assist individuals with some of the highest healthcare costs and utilization rates in finding more sustainable services that will help them meet their goals.
A Partner On The Ground
As a BH CP CCN will work with providers as part of the members care team. CCN has similar quality measures to providers and looks to work collaboratively to ensure both entities’ measures are successfully met.
CCN works closely with ACOs, MCOs, community organizations, and other healthcare providers to ensure that enrollees are receiving integrated care geared towards wellness, recovery, and independence. We also coordinate care with the enrollee’s behavioral health and medical providers to ensure everyone has the most up-to-date information on the persons served, including medical and behavioral health diagnosis, as well as medication changes.
Our team is comprised of clinical care managers, care coordinators, and nurses who work on the ground to identify and engage with qualifying individuals. We are able to do this through our strong relationships within the communities. Our emphasis on cultural humility and health equity allows us to connect and engage with Enrollees in their community.
Contact Us Today To Discuss How We Can Work Together
Coordinated Care Network offers a variety of services that include the following for Enrollees:
- Comprehensive Assessment and Person-Centered Treatment Planning
- Care management and coordination across medical, behavioral, and long-term services and supports including:
- Supporting medication reconciliation and transitions of care
- Assistance with scheduling medical and behavioral health appointments
- Assisting with coordination of transportation if needed
- Assistance with scheduling of routine and physician-suggested treatment
- Working with insurers to assure no interruptions in coverage and/or 25 assisting in correcting insurance issues that may occur
- Make referrals for substance use disorder services, specialty programs, in-home supports such as a visiting nurse for medication management or wound care; home health aides, homemaking services, personal care assistance, and transportation resources, including Provider Request for Transportation form (PT-1)
- Health and wellness coaching
- Connection to social services and community resources
Masshealth members enrolled in the following Accountable Care Organizations and Managed Care Organizations are eligible to work with CCN.
- BMC HEALTHNET PLAN
- BMC HEALTHNET PLAN COMMUNITY ALLIANCE
- BMC HEALTHNET PLAN SIGNATURE ALLIANCE
- BMC HEALTHNET PLAN SOUTHCOAST ALLIANCE
- COMMUNITY CARE COOPERATIVE (C3)
- STEWARD HEALTH CHOICE
- TUFTS HEALTH TOGETHER
- TUFTS HEALTH TOGETHER WITH ATRIUS HEALTH
- TUFTS HEALTH TOGETHER WITH BIDCO
- WELLFORCE CARE PLAN
How To Coordinate with CCN:
Ensure that the enrollee’s PCP has received sign off on their care plan to ensure success in helping them achieve their goals.
"The program has helped immensely in my life and continues to help me today. God bless you all."
"I was scared, and then my CC showed up to meet with my medical team to coordinate care. I was so glad to see her. She was like a ray of sunshine."
"I am grateful that you guys do this because it’s very helpful, and if I need to reschedule, you can help with that right away."
"It is good that I can contact you directly for assistance without having to be bounced around many departments at the health center and still not get someone to assist. I feel that whatever I need, I could come to you, and you would go to the necessary party to get the help I need."